Sunday 21 April 2013

Some solutions for problem skin


I never had severe acne but every so often blemishes do crop up. Despite having quite an oily t zone my skin is normally quite dehydrated, which means any product that targets blemishes needs to be chosen carefully. I have tried many but a lot of them cause dryness and uncomfortable, tight feeling. Not to mention the fact that often that is in fact the only result..

These are few product that I have used for a long time and that I know I can depend. Everyone's skin needs are different, but I find these consistently good (feeling shared by many of my friends too).

First up, Neutrogena.



Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash Mask, £3.99
This is great for many reasons. The obvious one is that it doubles as a mask, so I often apply it just before the shower or in my shower and wash it off when I'm about to finish. I have used it a long time now and I have never noticed it to cause any dryness or tightness. So I use it as a face cleanser when my skin needs it too - many face washes are very harsh so I like to stick to this one.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Moisturiser, £4.69
This moisturiser promises to even out the skin tone by fading some past episodes of break outs. I'm not sure that is an effect I have noticed. But I do like it to keep my skin with inclination to get oily during the day under control. I also like to think this helps to prevent breakouts or heal them faster should they appear. I like the way it feels under the make up and I find you don't need long for it to sink in. All in all great buy, especially if you happen to get hold of it when Boots/Superdrug do 2 for £5 on Neutrogena.

Spot treatments
Spot treatments are a wonderful solution when you don't feel like rinsing your skin with harsh toners and washes. You can easily apply the treatment only where you need it so they can reduce (yes, I do mean dry) the spot. Word of warning: many spot treatments dry and leave a tiny bit of residue so if you wear it over make up (or in general in public) you may need to keep in mind how much you'll use. And maybe glance in the mirror every now and then - they can peel off if you were greedy and used too much.
All three contain salicylic acid. 


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Treatment, £3.99
This is isn't my favorite but it does the job. It helps to get rid off the unwanted spots; I have used better ones but this is the most budget friendly and it does deliver (although I wouldn't bet on the 4 hours).

Dr Nick Lowe Spot Gel, £9.49
I really like this one and I do think it works well. I also really enjoy the packaging and the fact that it is very discrete so if I am in a little trouble, this is the one that goes into my purse. Availble from Boots and online.

Origins Spot Remover, £13
This is by far the best one. It causes the blemishes to dry out quite quickly so I feel it is the most dependable one. If you have been naughty and tried squeezing, this will sting when you apply it (but how would I know..). It lasts a long time, which explains and justifies the price well enough.  


What are your best bets when it comes to problem skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment