Sunday 15 September 2013

Review: Triple Dry


Slightly different topic today: deodorants. Triple Dry 72 hours deodorants differ from 'normal' deodorants in application method and the result the give. I personally think these are great and if you do ever struggle, these will quite literally change your life. You could of course use this type of deodorants only during summer when the sweat mark problem is more likely to occur. I find that the sweat mark problem can be caused not just by high temperature but also type/quality of fabrics of tops we wear and Triple Dry does address the issue entirely. 

Application
Triple Dry is applied in the evening, after you took a shower and are ready to call it a day. Apparently, the skin is more receptive to an anti-perspirant while sleeping. This is repeated for four consecutive nights and after that only as often as needed. 

Results
Triple dry has three active ingredients: Aluminium Sesquichlorohydrate, Aluminium Chlorohydrate, Aluminium Chlorohydrex PG. I'd be lying if I said I could tell you more about them. Granted, this is not a 'natural' way to take care of the sweating issue, which frankly disappears completely once you use Triple Dry regularly. But it does work, makes my life easier and I'm sticking to it.

The smell

First, I bought the blue one, which is the unfragranced version. I then went out to get the pink one hoping for a bit of a pleasant smell, but you can barely tell it's there upon application, after you can't really tell at all. 

Alternatives

There are other products like this on the market, although this is the only one I've tried: it was the first and it worked so I didn't explore this further. But if you can't get hold of Triple Dry or you dislike it, then there are alternatives (Driclor, PerspireX). I know Rexona and Dove both have released deodorants that are applied at night time. I've tried the Dove one but it didn't really do anything any other regular deodorant wouldn't do. So perhaps if you've tried one of those and were disappointed then maybe something like Triple Dry will be ideal. 


Conclusion: This may not be the ideal solution for many of those, who dislike the idea of stopping underarm sweating entirely. But anyone who ever struggled with sweat marks will certainly love it. 


Triple Dry, £7.14 (but shop around, they're often on offer)

1 comment: